Kat Wawer Dziedziak
Chartered Psychologist, Registered Practitioner Psychologist, Counselling Psychologist
MA Psychologist, Clinical specialist, 1995
Professional Qualifications & Memberships
- Chartered Psychologist of the British Psychological Society (246128)
- Registered Practitioner Psychologist, Counselling Psychologist of the Health and Care Professions Council (PYL29556)
- Partner Member and Recommended Specialist of the Polish Psychologists Association in London.
- Diploma of School of Social Pathology Prevention, Psychotherapy, 1994
- Advanced Certificate in Counselling, CBT, 2010
- Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing (EMDR) , 2012/2013
- Acceptance and Commitment Therapy (ACT), 2019/2020
I have been working as a psychologist for over 17 years. I gained my clinical experience in several institutions including a detention centre and mental health hospitals. I completed my MA in Psychology in 1995. For over 6 years in Poland I provided psychology services working with young people, adults and families, and, as a trainer and supervisor. Between 2000 and 2006 I worked in managerial roles. After moving to the UK in 2007 I set up an independent Psychology Practice in Birmingham.
In my practice I offer psychological assessment, short term counselling and in-depth work to clients who have a wide range of life issues and mental health problems. I work with individuals, families, couples and groups and clients from many different social and cultural backgrounds. I also psychologically assess clients for rehabilitation and injury management companies and provide relevant treatment.
Since 2011 I have also been working as an Associate Chartered Psychologist for Forensic Psychology Practice Ltd, providing psychology services to social, health, and criminal justice agencies. I have an experience of conducting assessments and written reports for the family courts involving assessing adults and children with a wide range of difficulties. The majority of my psycho-legal work is family assessments in child care proceedings, assessing parents, including those with drug and alcohol addiction, other carers and children.
The British Psychological Society assessed that I have relevant supervised training and experience equivalent to the UK professional doctorate level. For this reason, I was admitted as a Chartered Member. I am also a Practitioner Psychologist registered by the Health and Care Professions Council, Partner Member and Recommended Specialist of the Polish Psychologists Association in London.
I am interested in psychological aspects of immigration and its impact on mental health. Some of my clients are people who speak English as their second language. Providing culturally sensitive assessment and treatment are crucial to their accuracy and effectiveness. I am aware that in a very diverse UK population assessment and therapy need to take cultural differences into consideration.
- Full-enhanced DBS (formerly CRB) clearance
- Registered with the Information Commissioner’s Office (ref Z220283X)
- Personal professional indemnity insurance
- Proficient English and Polish speaker